Marstair DXT Low-Temperature Indoor Units
The DXT series of low-temperature air-conditioning systems comprise of vertical wall mounted and horizontal ceiling or void mounted DX fan coil units. These systems provide cooling down to 10°C where low sound levels are essential and are ideal for working or domestic environments.
This new product is available as a standard chassis unit for void mounting or with a stylish cabinet for surface mounting on walls or ceilings. Chassis units may be free blow or ducted. SPECIFICATION
- Quiet in use - room occupants will appreciate the very low sound levels
- Class ‘O’ fire rated thermal and acoustic insulation
- Compact, low energy motors fitted to forward curved centrifugal fans
- All models are available with various air inlet and discharge combinations
- Units are available with AC or EC/DC fan motors.
- AC fans are fitted with a multi-tap transformer providing up to six fan speeds, whilst EC/DC fans may be used for variable speed control via a potentiometer or a 0-10V output from a digital controller
- Units are easily and safely installed using the keyhole slots in the back panel to mount them on a wall or ceiling or to hang from drop rods
- Various control options are available
- Servicing is made easy with simple access to the standard EU2 filter, the fan assemblies and any unit mounted controls
- Chassis and cased versions providing ducted or free blow options
- Matching outdoor units are factory charged with R407C refrigerant
- Long pipe runs up to 80m (MCU/DCU+15-20 50m only)
The optional outer cabinet is a single piece, hot dipped galvanised sheet steel wrap around section PVC pre-coated to ensure high resistance to corrosion. The standard colour is RAL9010 White. Cabinets are fitted as standard with 100mm wide ABS moulded grilles in light grey (RAL7035). Nylon discharge grilles are fitted to units with electric heaters. FANS
Units may be fitted with AC or EC/DC fan motor assemblies. AC motors are totally enclosed multi-speed, split capacitor start, thermally protected type and have sealed for life bearings. A multi-tap transformer is fitted for speed selection. Motors will be single or double shafted depending upon unit size and are mounted in a cradle with resilient rubber mounts to prevent noise and vibration. Fans are forward curved double inlet centrifugal type with fully balanced aluminium impellers fitted to the motor shaft(s). Fan scrolls are manufactured from galvanised steel and are mounted directly onto the fan plate. EC/DC fan motor assemblies comprise direct drive, forward curved centrifugal fans with electronically commutated motors; fan scrolls are manufactured from galvanised sheet steel and are fitted with aluminium impellors. EC fan motor assemblies provide a variable speed option of 0-100% control via an additional potentiometer fitted to the unit or a 0-10V output from a specified controller.CHASSIS
Manufactured from galvanised sheet steel with sufficient strengthening folds and forms to give a robust, vibration free assembly. The chassis is riveted and spot welded for rigidity. FILTERS
Filters are manufactured from EU2 or EU3 continuous filament fire resistant media fitted within an aluminium frame and supported by a fine mesh. COILS
Cooling coils are manufactured from seamless copper tube, mechanically expanded onto aluminium fins having die formed collars to maximise contact and optimise heat transfer. ACCESS
Access to filters is from the front or bottom of the unit depending upon the configuration. Coils and fans are accessed by removal of a single panel on the chassis unit and by removal of the cabinet on the cases unit. DUCTING
Chassis units may be fitted with a spigot suitable for connection to either a rectangular spigot or multiple circular spigots of 160mm or 200mm Ø on inlet and discharge. INSULATION
Units are lined with a CFC & HFC free class ‘O’ open cell expanded foam insulation for thermal and acoustic performance with a maximum thermal conductivity of 0.045 W/mk. Adhesive backing is a light and ageing resistant synthetic resin with high-temperature resistance.