Wine Guardian Water-cooled Ducted Wine Cellar Cooling Systems
To supplement Wine Guardian's diverse range of wine cellar coolers, the WGWC water-cooled systems are ideal for those applications where it is not possible to mount a remote condensing unit or duct condenser discharge air.
This is ideal where the site has a cooling tower supply, borehole or another geothermal water source.
Wine cellars are unique areas in a building specifically designed to store wine at the proper temperature and humidity for long shelf life and preservation of the quality. Most wine cellars are designed to operate at 13°C and 60-70% RH – conditions not attainable by standard air conditioning units. Wine Guardian wine cellar cooling units are designed specifically to operate at those conditions. They come in various sizes, capacities, and installation features.
Wine Guardian water-cooled units are the premier water-cooled units on the market and are ideally suited for geothermal sourced water. These packaged ducted units are available in a range of duties from 0.88 kW to 3.8 kW of cooling capacity.
Although designed for the low temperatures of a wine cellar, these units also operate very effectively at comfort conditions of 20-27°C and can, therefore, be used as supplemental coolers for unique hard to cool high heat rooms.
- Accepts inlet water temperatures as cold as 7°C and as warm as 29°C.
- Includes an integral water regulating valve for efficient system operation (pressure regulator)
- Includes main control board with interfacer to control geothermal pumps
- Easy access water connection points at the side of the unit
- Available in 0.85 kW to 6 kW
- High-static-pressure fans for extended length ductwork
- Multiple supply and return air openings
- Multi-panel design provides easy access for service
ALTERNATIVE UNIT VARIATIONS
- Integral electric heater
- Integrated or freestanding humidifier controlled by the WG unit controller
- Remote temperature sensor if the controller is mounted outside the wine cellar
Additional temperature sensor for monitoring, larger spaces, or air return
In addition to the standard water-cooled ducted units listed here, Wine Guardian ducted units are available in the following variations.
- Air-cooled ducted units
- Split-system with ducted evaporators and weatherproof air-cooled condensers
- Low ambient air-cooled versions (for use where ambient temperatures frequently drop below +4°C)
- High ambient air-cooled versions
- Optional electric heating
- Serving temperature version (allowing cellar temperatures to +5°C)
- Or some variation on the above
|Cooling capacity||880 W||1,570 W||1,760 W||3,754 W|
|Heating capacity *||1,000 W||1,000 W||2,000 W||2,000 W|
|Standard spigot diameter||200 mm||250 mm||250 mm||300 mm|
|Length||838 mm||838 mm||838 mm||1,270 mm|
|Width||356 mm||559 mm||559 mm||559 mm|
|Height||356 mm||356 mm||356 mm||457 mm|
|Weight||36 kg||56 kg||59 kg||91 kg|
* Electric heating is available as an optional extra.
Many variables affect proper unit sizing, including the type of construction, insulation values, amount of glass, residential vs commercial applications, etc.